Sunday, April 26, 2009

Walk on the beach...

Two close friends and one lovely sis have recently starting asking questions about blogging. I am no master of this Gen-Y age of Blogging, but as I have articles dated 2 years back, certainly I have formed a style of my own. I sometimes try to be funny, sometimes romantic, sometimes plain-simple and stupid.
Now this time it was discussion on how authors write novel with such frequency and consistency explaining all the idiosyncrasies of every details they mention. Eg: John Grisham depicting a court room or say J.Archer painting the alps (in paths of glory). Certainly not everyone who blogs can be an author. But in a way we are authors to our own mind. When I get down on this business of blogging it is natural, straightforward, full of common written and spoken English-errors. But am I good enough and have my natural instincts severed me well so far. I don't know yet. I might never know or may be I will... So just for test, let me try naturally explaining "Walk on the beach"...By A.Goyal
***
"Rajesh, as I will see the beach for the first time, I might react funny. Please hold me if I get carried away."
"Pari, we just going to a beach. And don't worry. For a change you will act more weired that me. It will be fun for me. And hey if you want to feel comfortable, we can go to marine beach. You might feel comfortable with more crowd around that this empty beach?"
"No it is okay. I think I will be better of with only you than thousands of unknown people."
.....
"Pari, stop throwing water at me. Stop it, you were supposed to react funny. Lets not get too wet or else it will be hard to drive back. Car will be all mess."
"Rajesh, don't be a wuss. Come here. I am gonna fill your shoes with sand and drench your clothes with salty water. Ha ha ha."
"You girl; you are dead now."....
***
Isn't beach considered a place to be romantic. Wouldn't everyone with his/her partner wished to have a trip like this. I wish I get a chance.
My early childhood had us visiting Goa/Bombay beach. But I was too young to remember the finner details. It is like a vague memory. And then trip with friends from office seems so fresh like yesterday. Our office was just 500m from the ECR (east coast road) in Chennai (earlier known as Madras). We were bunch guys-gals fresh passed out of college with some senior old manager folks.
Beach reminds me of the cool breeze even on a hot humid Chennai day, initially the irritating sand; but soon you get in love with the same. The calm ocean sea stretching miles as far as my eyes can see. The waves which rise and fall again, reforming and breaking at the shore endlessly. And arms on the shoulder of a friend (or probably holding hands of the one you want to hold on for ever).
With friends, walk on the beach are seldom. When a rowdy group as our gets the freedom of nature, digging holes to bury people; building castles; running race in ocean splashing water; drinking coconut water and challenges of who throws the remains the farthest.
But walk on the beach, holding hands with a special one, talking about our family and daily life. May be how this break to the beach has relaxed both. Or just sitting in silence watching each other. Leaning on each other shoulder or resting head in each other lap. Sitting on the sand, playing with each other feet. Some little complains about each other. Then we should sing too irrespective of how bad or good we sing (I sing average, so I shall take the risk)
In the end, the walk should also indulge ourself in Indian delicacy of "CHAAT". Even though not being a great fan of it, I still think, company matters and not the food. And somehow girls and CHAAT are inseparable.
Walking back to the car as the night falls and the breeze becomes chiller, we look back once more and a moonlight sea makes us fall in love with it all over again. We know this affair with the sand, ocean, breeze and a walk will continue forever...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I ever write something discreet, you will be my only inspiration behind it. Love you!

AK said...

Thx D