Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We never celebrated this day; we never ever bought a gift for her on this day; the one person who endured immense pain from the time she came to know of my existance, we never thank her. I know this is how I have lived my life, never to say THANK YOU MOMMY.
I know there is no excuse for not doing it. Being a boy we never realized it that going to office, making money is not the only job necessary in bring up a child. When we are little, feeding us, changing diapers, bathing us - they are the real task. I bet none of the fathers have to handle the same mess at office that an infant can create for moms.
I called up my mom as soon as I got up this morning. Even though dad had something important to tell me, I forced him to give the phone to mom. I have always been the kid closer to my mom's feeling. No one but I have asked her the question of how her maid is working, how is the kitty parties going on or what dish she has cooked today. It's been years since I lived for more than a week back home and relishing all the great dish she cook for me; but she still knows what I love the most. We had our times together, especially when I used to ride the scooter to purchase vegetables, so she doesn't have to go in rickshaw. Or when I won my first medal and ran into her arms. We had our fights, when I will get mad and not talking to her. She is my first girl friend; she will laugh at all my jokes and she saved me from the bashing I could've received from my dad (though this voilates the definition of a girl friend).
We talked today about where was I born, which house actually. Those days, dad mom were in rented home and they changed so many before my birth. She remember each and every detail till now. Which house I was first brought in; even celebrated my first birthday. Even though now things have changed, she has got used to us living far away, not calling every day (but I am sure she expects a call), her love has never changed. How can it be, she is MOTHER.
One of the most irritating yet funny thing I do with my mom (even now @ 26) is giving her a really really wet kiss on her cheek. When ever I go back, I will find a way to sneak up to her and give a very disgusting but a wet kiss. She will get really annoyed for licking her cheek. She will even try to hit me, thinking I am 4 inturn getting her hand injured. The way she express how we have become towering humans who once slept peacefully in her lap. I miss it and every year die to be there to give her the kiss.
The teachings of my mother are precious to me. I never understood the concept of money being born with silver spoon. But she made sure I always realize right way an expenditure should be done. Yes, it is in the nature to use father as ATMs especially if you have a dad like mine, but she made sure even when we start living on our own, usage of funds are in the right manner. She helped me in number of way to become independent. Kind of a slow starter she always made sure I learn things. I might have given up in lot of things had it not been my mom. She encouraged me so much in sports and giving me right eating habits (though I don't follow it much now) that I have a good big built.
I have been naughty, I have been bad, I have loved her all my life, I miss her and her cooking. I still doesn't want to say thank you because it is too small of a word. A small dedication to my mother on mother's day.
BHAI & I LOVE YOU A LOT MOM.
Yours,
Appu.

No comments: