Friday, February 05, 2010

On the sideline...

Couple of times in the shower, while driving car, this thought comes again and again to my mind, the female specie has done so much for us. I fail to put one single point that defines when they play the best role. As a Mother, to give birth to us all..Sister, to hide us from dad's scolding..Lover, to share the park bench...Wife to start a whole new chapter in our life and eventually as Daughters to taught us how life will come a full circle one day making everything a memory. Yet with all the memories together I fail to figure out that the fairer sex never has the dying spirit. Of course the critics will argue that they are the one who will break our heart and be the women yet hating another because latter has come into her child's life; but this is not about the critics or me finding a way to point their excellence. This story how men should recognize them, like the extras in the football field, are standing at the sidelines seeing Goddess at work, making so many moves...like a admirer admiring the strokes of a painter.
Yes, it is a story about these Men...the one who ate the apple (and blamed it probably on the only women around then). Who is scared since the time they pop out of the vagina that they suppress the one they should care. Based on my own personal experience, things that have gone wrong, with my mother, with my sisters, with my ex and sometimes when I say something to my wife, I was always scared to accept the facts (doesn't matter what they were). From the sideline, I thought I was screaming the right thing. But was I? Somewhere in those screams, I missed what I should have seen! May be I would have learn a thing or two.
Another fine example which life has always thrown at me is how women make far better managers that men. From my first company, to the current one, the female managers been better. Come-on guys, saying that you are more in numbers at this very post doesn't make you the better one. Windows is available in most of the computers, doesn't mean they build a good software (as a matter of fact, now that the topic has come, Windows sucks). They know this art of handling people and my gut feeling is that they don't win over the challenge cause they know how to handle kids. But it is the exact opposite of it (or that's how I feel). Probably they see stupidity faster than men and change things far better. Yet we men, on the sideline fail to acknowledge this fact.
Life is a race, everyone is competitive, you make fewer friends when you are at the top; excuses and more excuses. Life is not a race but a journey, the moment one realizes it, either they are side in the balcony and watching their Grandchildren play with toys or in a old-age home finding what mistake they made while raising kids. I surely prefer to live 80 yrs of slow journey, rather 60yrs of fast, painful race. Competition is something we create around us; siting the fact that the other person performed better than us. No, it is us performing not to our capabilities. Even though this is little off the topic, I will dwell down to a personal attitude while stating why competition always affect me a different way. I get frustrated and excited when someone isn't performing and I have to take up the job. Because I at that point failed in my goals. My goals which has the only competition as my past performances. People are better than me, they will get ahead of me - I know this. I can do better I know that; I only wish I remember these words every time I get frustrated. Where does the women come into picture - how do you see them swifting to another location after marriage even though their current life is what they want. Competition with the containment of knowledge that they are their own competition and yes they can do better, where and what doesn't matter. If work changes from a 8-to-5 job to a 24/7/356 wife and mother; so what? they still manage and do it much faster better and yes as usual thankless. You make fewer friend when you are at the top, only if you forgot to share the knowledge you gained while your growing days. Don't make yours obsolete, make yourself more knowledgeable. Someone taught you, he may have done out of ignorance, (see again I said he...damn..could have been a she - right) because her boss said to do it, yet you gained the knowledge. Keep gaining and passing it to the people who come (I have learned this lesson very recently) and you will never become alone and obsolete. Cause you have the chain of knowledge. If you stop giving it, you break it; If you stop learning new stuff, you still break it. I love this very part in women, the knowledge sharing one. They don't stop teaching us. How to tie shoe-lace (first i can remember, though walking would have been before that) to how to find when she is angry and how to patch up. Thousands of way she will teach you to do things...I know my job more than my wife, yet she will tell me, "alll izzzz well, you will get it". She taught me at that very tense moment not how to do my job, but to smile while I am tense.
There is an evil to every sane side. Like every happiness sees the downward curve of sadness; sometimes at the sideline I have seen the low ends. From both men and women alike. It is fine we don't respect women most of the time; probably thinking they need us more emotionally then we do (which is wrong most of the time) but to hurt them in the most unethical manner. They are really not a baby-vending machine; nor are they maids. Men shows real character by how he treats every women around him. Women when evil can be really dangerous. Riping someone heart is really not so evil; na it is part of the risk when two people mutally agree to some time together. Worst is what I have known is when they hurt each other in form of mother-in-laws:daugther-in-laws. May be this happen more in my geographical location, yet an evil women is more dangerous than any men.
There are mostly no conclusions to these thoughts...they linger around as I roll my car into the office parking slot and cease till the time I reach my space. What ever we do in our area, on the sideline, if we remember to take one clue out of the female book of care and guidance every day, probably things will go more smoothly. This is not a tribute to any women, or to impress some chick @ coffee corner. I have a chance to move from the sideline and play the game of life (aka marriage) and I know if I love her less, than it is not because I have some problem, but because she can love me far more than I can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thnx for understanding women and I hope it may continue lyk dis forevr and evr.. :)