Thursday, May 18, 2006

Perfect Morning


So here I am again, boring my blog. I wish this blog of mine woukd never meet a real genie; it would just wish to be human and beat the crap out of me… Another start of another day and the thoughts came rushing in, how perfect this morning is… Or is it??

The Perfect Morning

As I get out of my bed at 6:30, I feet the cool early morning breeze on my face, greeting me a great day ahead. Messy hair & a foul taste in my mouth, I reach the washbasin, looking at myself in the mirror. With brush in one hand and the hot kettle full of boiling water, I managed to make a steaming cup of early bed tea - God bless the soul who discovered this holy-herb.

As the newspaper-wala sends down the missile, aiming always for the balcony fern, I grab hold of the paper and run towards the loo. Sorry for being so disgusting, but the relief on a human’s face right after S/he comes out of the loo, is quite similar to the satidfaction of having emerged victorius from a battele. Sweat dripping down your forehead unless of course you have fan in your loo.

<> As the cookoo clock strikes 7, I run in for a shower, filling the whole bathroom with the aroma of different soaps & shampoo. Dripping wet from the bathroom, I grab my towel trying to say the Hanumaan Chalisa (Holy book having Sanskrit verses on Lord Rama’s devoted pupil – Hanumaan). Opening the wardrobe, I look for the day's formal wear.

As the clock strikes 7:30, I am all set to hit the road. Taking my bike out from the garage, I say hi to my neighbour - Pillai uncle, reading news paper in his veranda (wishing to get a glimpse of his beautiful daughter).

The Weather is great and I drive down the long stretch of road… Reaching right on time for the 8 o clock office, I chew my breakfast peppered with some gossip from my colleagues - who is going out these days, which pair broke up recently and which friend got screwed by His/Her PM recently…

AH!!! What a Morning…

The Not-So-Perfect Morning

As the alarm screams in my ear as early as 6:30, I get up to a sweaty, hot and humid morning, telling me "you better get ready for a long lousy day". Reaching the washbasin is a problem thanks to last night's party. The beer has given me a big hangover and shaky feet. Brush in one hand and mouthwash in other, I try to remove the smell of alcohol from my breath. Why are all the utensils always dirty? They sure will be if I don’t wash them! If I do wash them, I'll have to wash them again as I will use them, getting stuck in a vicious circle. So I leave the utensils behind, deciding to grab some of the brown liquid from the office vending machine.

The stupid newspaper-wala is never on time and today when he was on time, he throws down a different language paper, which I would have to take to our next door neighbour, Pillai uncle for translation. I run to the loo, no longer having the desire to hold it, when suddenly my mother's call holds up the whole scene. She screams at my poor eating habits & for not meeting my local guardian regularly. Now the mood is gone and no matter how hard I try, the time has passed and I will have to bank on the office restrooms in case nature calls-in during this lousy day.

As my never-to-trust watch strikes 7:15, I know, "I will be going late." I run in for a quick shower, coming outside dripping all over the floor (again forgetting my towel in the hurry). Cursing the habit my parents inculcated in my early childhood to spend sometime in the morning to Worship God, I, hardly remembering anyt of the versus from the Hanuman chalisa (Holy book having Sanskrit verse based on the Lord Rama’s devoted pupil Hanumaan – I think so, not sure though), Finish reciting it quickly, thinking "Even God isn’t up so early!" Now, searching for my clothes from a messy pile in my room, I finally get hold of some crushed formals. Ironing them takes away some precious time, adding to the delay.

At 8, finally when I leave my place, I say hi to our neighbour, Pillai uncle, who gives me an ugly scowl because of last night's booze-party at my place; the thought of getting a glimpse of his beautiful daughter drives me cold, for her dad would butcher me into tiny pieces if he ever came to know that I was thinking of her.

The long stretch of road is full of pot-holes and my aging bike is finding it tough to get the beating. Reaching late at 8:30, I miss my breakfast and have no time to chat with my friends, who are already neck deep in their work. I reach my terminal only to be summoned by the PM …

AH!!! What a Morning…

1 comment:

AK said...

Yeah i know roomy, we both are in the same boat.