Monday, July 14, 2008

Searching for Apartment in Bangalore

Searching for home has really made me realize, life without a rich dad isnt that fun. Even if he isnt a Tata, Birla or Ambani, he should atleast have a business which earns him good amount of money.
So my first visit was onto Hosur Road (still the work is pending and I dont see it getting completed till 2010). After searching for all friends & family, I managed to convince Sachit to accompany me in-the-hunt-for-a-roof. After the Toyoto and Hyundai Showrooms, turn to Hodlu road, I reached SRK Garden. The place was partially completly and partially sold. After the inital look at the plans and details, we both started checking out the apartments.
We started with Block A (part of the phase 1) and looked around for 3 BHKs (I really want to purchase 3 BHK as my first home - though this dream looks a dream only now). The rooms were really small and the toilets were barely space. We all know the amount of time we spend in toilets, but still comfort in these places should be given relevance. (just kidding).
Sachit and I both came to the conclusion that the builder tried to sqeeze in 3 BHK in 2 BHK space and was not sure how to utilize the space at its best. Finally the visit to C block (which was sold mostly) made us show some good 2 BHK houses (over looking the expected swimming pool).
Over all I was impressed with the quality and the plan of the houses in C block. The draw backs were lot and mainly the reason my brother, father and I thought of not persuing it - The location. With Hosur road far away from New Internaltion Airport, City development will be in the opposite direction. Also, there are lot of local public living in this area, hence not expecting loads of development like malls, showrooms coming in and around.
Sorry SRK Gardens, but you will have to live without us and we will live without you. Had these appartment anywhere closer to the city, would have thought of buying it.
So the search for roof, still continues with inputs from Dad. bhaiya and loads of helping friends...

Adios...

2 comments:

bharat chandran said...

Hi Arpit, I hit ur blog through google. I am thinking of taking a flat in SRK Gardens.. By any chance do you remember the per sq ft rates that you were told when you went for a visit ??

AK said...

Sorry dont remember it much, but it was something between 2000-2500/sq ft.