Sunday, March 08, 2009

What if all wishes come true!

I woke up with a smile on my face & warm comfort beside me. I got married a week back. "Nisha", she came into my life and changed everything. She lies beside me, sleeping like a angel. Today is her turn for the breakfast but I don't want to get up. She hates my cooking and wait for her turn every alternate weekend.
I don't believe it that we met just 5 weeks back. Accidentally she bumped into me while riding her bicycle in our society complex. She bruised her knee while I got a spoke poked in my leg. The visit to doctor moved on to letter of apology (HANDWRITTEN) from her. She came to see me play tennis, once my calf was healed. She tried so hard for me to see the love but I was dumb and never asked her out. Finally when I did say, she laughed and said, "I thought you will never ask."
The dinner was supposed to be casual in my terms, so I dressed up in Jeans & T-shirt. And when I went to her door, it looked like I was the cab driver, rather than her date. The sapphire suit she wore and hair let down made my heart skip a beat. Tugging into my arm she said, "I knew you will never get out of Jeans & T-shirt. May be that is what I like in you, Akaash."
From that dinner, we never looked back. I met her parents a week later and a week after our family were already deciding on dates (many long distance calls). My mom was on phone with her more than I could. She will go on about dresses and makeup and yes, some of my embarrassing childhood memories. Two women who have the credit for writing my life were savouring the moment. Even when we go out shopping, mom constantly will call and ask, "Is Akaash being miser? He can be one?".
The dates came and it was a disaster. 6 Months of courtship period. Already it was hard enough to spend day in office and night talking on phone when we lived in the same society, few blocks away. I won't count myself Romantic. I am more of a dork. May be the Mr.Clumsy in me which attracts her. But then one day, sitting at my friends apartment I was given the best advice ever.
Sheru (short for Shivendu) said, "Dude if the two of you are getting miserable and can't wait for another 5months and 1week, run away and get married in some temple. Shelly and I will help?"
I replied, "Dude, our parents are going crazy over preparation. I hear from my mom everyday time isn't sufficient for her. And we do this? Both families will probably disown us both."
"Get married and then tell me what will they say? Live separately? Come-on. And for a change you can do something romantic. Now go and tell her you will do this. I am sure she will agree.", forced Sheru. And then Shelly (Sheru's wife) also joined. The whole idea was crazy but possible. Her parents know we are together most weekends shopping. But I was worried whether Nisha will like it or not?
***
"I love you, babyboy. I will be waiting for next Saturday. Dad will be fuming, but mom will handle everything." she replied with a kiss. The glow in her eyes, the touch of her hand. It was all so wonderful.
***
"WHAT? YOU GOT MARRIED?", screamed my father on the phone. "HOW COULD YOU BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE. WHAT WILL I TELL SAMDHIJI? YOU MADE A FOOL OF US. YOUNG MAN THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I EXPECTED FROM YOU."
"Dad, I love you guys. Can you just take the next flight in and come down here. Sheru and I have setup a small party here. And don't talk to baba (Nisha called her dad and so I got in the same habit). We will handle it before you come. Please. I love you guys." I calmed him with lot of love and emotional tone.
"You bet we will be there to see our daughter on her special date. And ask her what stupid charm she saw in you. You both are crazy. Anyways, you go and talk to samdhiji." a caring dad said.
***
The party was small and as Nisha and I sat across the table; she with my family and I with hers. A tradition followed in her family, our eyes were playing games. The time has finally come to be forever together. If love can be intoxicating, I am sure we both had poisoned every dish that night.
***
"Babyboy, what are you doing up so early on Saturday morning? And what are you writing?" Nisha asked with sleepy eyes. The trail of thoughts were broken with my sleeping beauty waking up.
I replied, "All wishes have come true", before hugging her and going back to sleep.

3 comments:

AK said...

Hypothetical story... I m not married (yet). Hope it comes true!

indu said...

Hey dude, till I read your comment in here I believed that u had been married...and was about to call and blast you :):)
anyways super narration..and I too hope that your wish comes true..
tc

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. good story! for a min my jaws dropped reading Akaash's name, wondering if all this really happ and that fellow didn't tell me ;)