Tuesday, September 01, 2009

17 Again...& more again...

The movie is nothing but one of those romatic comedies where everything happens brings out a reflexion of our own self. If not all, some part of our life is visible through the eyes of either Mathew Perry or younger version of his (being a guy here).
No matter how many love stories I weave out of my mind or how my tears bleed out of my words, I can't change how love will happen to anyone. I can't define it; I can barely understand it. All I know is that an ability which makes me different from what I could have been. When I walk into a room or a floor of my office I know the feeling of my work is as pure as the words of Ramayan or Bible...similarly when someone looks up to me or I do the same, irrespective of what we are, what we can or can't achieve, we try to find love.
In every walk of my life; the small life I have lived so far; in an ever-changing human being I am, one thing I have never stopped is to learn from love. How love can teach me to hold my niece up close to my heart that she feels the warmth of my lap and fall asleep...How love has taught me to make "her" laugh, where she can be my sister sitting miles away in a foreign land. Or she can be my neighbour in office crackling up on my silly jokes...How love doesn't only describe our feelings but also defines our relationship with another person..
Moving on or sticking with what we have is a choice we all make at some point of life. Some are accepted facts and some are painful dozage of reality. But can any of it take away the feeling and sense of belonging to what really exists in our heart. My heart, skips a beat when I feel-in-love and also when suddenly the car in front of my breaks heavily...cause that is what a heart does...tell us that we are not in the zone where we feel comfortable. It reminds us that the pulse beating so loudly in our ears are not just some biological-fault but a warning of what may come or could have come.
We start and we end our stories search of someone; from birth it is mother and till we age it is a soul-mate - some chosen by fate and some by family. And if the story of soul-mates is true, that our soul breaks away into 7 pieces each piece in search of another piece in next-life the 7th one being left behind...to again break into 7 more piece only to start the search all over again, who am I? One of the first 6? Or the seventh one...Cause I really don't know what I want to be...to be one of the 6 and end our story in this life or to be always the 7th so the search never ends. And what really is this journey of love is...to find a destination and live happily ever after or to know that the journey is the best thing and destination is nothing but a period to our happiness. Isn't it funny, I started solving the mysteries of what love is and can make me feel and yet it confused me more than ever...
Soul-curry = one of the regular column in TOI stating real-life experience of human-beings, some of father-2-daughters, some husband-2-wife. Is shows the endurance of human mind and the ability of our soul to realize when to bleed and when to cry. But above all when to rebuild our lives after it has fallen into pieces. One of my soul-curry moment will be when I realized my father has been far more around that I thought he is...always a business man...because of us. All those long hours and frustration, for us...it all came back to me when during my college days he helped me grown on my own terms. Now I see the same love when my brother is around his daughter. She loves to play with all the teddies she got, but the real teddy is ofcourse my brother (not because of his size, but really because of his habits).
Falling-in-love, a broken heart, shoulder to cry and recovery time...all have gone through that; Being a son or a daughter, becoming buddy or pony-tail sisters, walking around a fire or down the aisle, become a father & carry a child...all have gone through that (or eventually will). As a mortal soul, I wish to feel all forms of love. My greed asks for it & so do I pray for it.
Until I see another of these movies, tinkling my heart...Or till I find another form of love, I sign out...
Happy living...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love doesn't sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new.

Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before.

Love is just mysterious...

-Didi